Points of View
There's no such thing as a free lunch, but our ideas are on the house.
- Internal Public Relations: Looking inside your company for your best marketers
When the internal environment of a company is positive, it will carry over to the organization’s external publics – specifically current customers and those who might be purchasing products or services in the future.March 02, 2016 Read More
- When Did Talking Go Out of Style?
As part of my public relations classes and training, it was impressed upon me that face-to-face or at least voice-to-voice communication was a critical part of building good relationships. October 29, 2014 Read More
- The Night Chicago Died: Photojournalism Dealt Mortal Blow
Last week, the sun went down in Chicago - and on journalism. Twenty-eight photographers, the entire photo staff, were let go by the Chicago Sun-Times. Something is definitely wrong with this picture.June 04, 2013 Read More
- Journalism 2012 Motto: Sensations Sells (or Who Cares About the Facts)
What in the world has happened to honest, fact-based reporting of new stories? And, maybe more importantly, what has happened to taking the time to do something right the first time?March 23, 2012 Read More
- Crisis Communications: Disasters Happen. Nightmares Don't Have To.
Whether it's a tragic event, as in the Penn State sex abuse allegations, or a brain freeze, such as those recently from aspiring presidential candidates, none of us is immune from facing a crisis situation.December 06, 2011 Read More
- Breaking News: Fast vs. Factual
Technology today and our ability to contact and engage instantly has greatly enhanced the world’s ability to do good. But it has also increased the opportunities to do harm to the reputation of individuals and companies. March 16, 2011 Read More
- Marketing to Your Employees: Say What?
Employees are often the direct link to customers, which is why it's important for them to understand their company's brand. Here are two examples of companies that understand the importance of internal marketing.February 26, 2010 Read More
- The impact of social media can spell heartburn for marketers. Just ask Domino's.
In recent years, viral marketing through the Internet and social media has been all the buzz. But if we ever needed a reminder of the dark side of Internet marketing, it became painfully real this week to Domino's.April 17, 2009 Read More
- The Day the Newspaper Died: Implications of "paper"-less journalism
I’m worried. As more and more of our newspapers disappear altogether or move to digital versions only, I have started having real concerns about the impact on our society.March 31, 2009 Read More