Points of View
There's no such thing as a free lunch, but our ideas are on the house.
The following 15 articles were tagged as "Content Marketing".
- Stop Looking for Marketing Shortcuts. Create Value Instead.
Your audience is YOUR audience. Make sure your content is uniquely crafted with them in mind.Read More
- 5 Keys to Content Marketing for Professional Service Firms
Few buzzwords are “buzzier” in marketing circles these days than content marketing. But as with any buzzword, there’s a reason for all the attention.Read More
- Use the Force: Why Content Amplification is Your Biggest PR Asset
If there is any “PR trend” for your brand to focus on in 2016, it should definitely be the importance of quality content. In all reality, that trend is as old as time – because it works. Read More
- Blogging: A Christmas Present and New Year’s Resolution All Wrapped Up into One
The dust has settled from the holiday season, and we’re getting back into our work routines. Christmas and New Year’s bring with them a few cultural traditions. I want to focus on two in particular – gifts and resolutions – and how they relate to blogging.Read More
- 10 Tips for Creating 'Wow-Factor' Content
How do you create content that will engage your audience on social media? Here are ten useful tips that will help you in your content strategy online.Read More
- To Blog or Not To Blog, That Is The Question
Like many bloggers, I occasionally wonder if anyone is really reading my blog posts or if they are just falling into some black hole in cyberspace.Read More
- Spoiler Alert: Time-shifted Content Will Change Product Sales and Service Strategies
The advantage of the NetFlix business model is both its immediacy as well as its timelessness. With some intentional planning, you can take advantage of these same strategies for your business today.Read More
- How Long Is Too Long? Reflections on the Duration of Video Content
Frequent readers of Villing Views are familiar with Thom's thoughts on the issue of long versus short relative to headlines, taglines and text. Now he turns his attention to length of video content.Read More
- Content and Context: The Social Media Royal Family
In social media circles it is often said that content is king. And when it comes to effectively communicating to your audience, context must be his queen.Read More
- Make or Break Your Company with Customer Experiences - The Choice is Yours
Great experiences are expected by every customer who walks through your door. Failing to provide that could be detrimental to your marketing and your business.Read More
- Gaming Should Be On Your Marketing Radar
I recently attended a marketing strategy meeting for a Fortune 500 company targeting consumers under 30. The biggest take-away: video games are mainstream and can't be ignored in your marketing efforts.Read More
- Breaking Through the Clutter
Breaking through the clutter in marketing and advertising these days can be a huge challenge. After the big Kanye West hoopla that went on, I came upon a statistic that made me think about branding.Read More
- The World of Webinars
Technology has brought many conveniences into our lives. In my opinion, webinars are one more convenience to add to the list.Read More
- Blogging Alternatives
While the traditional long-form blog might be appropriate for many companies, it’s also important to be aware of some of the alternatives for online communication.Read More
- People Don't Answer the Door for People They Don't Know.
There's this wonderful ad created by McGraw Hill back in the 30s. Perhaps you’ve seen it. (OK, maybe not in real life, but possibly in a marketing textbook.) The ad features this very stern looking man – your classic crusty CEO type.Read More