Points of View
There's no such thing as a free lunch, but our ideas are on the house.
- Three Marketing Tips Every Organization Should Implement Right Now
An overall strategic marketing plan is the foundation upon which all successful marketing campaigns are built.June 28, 2018 Read More
- Three Marketing Tips Every Professional Services Firm Should Implement Right Now
These simple steps are proven, effective ways for a professional services firm to generate viable leads and acquire new clients.March 16, 2018 Read More
- Top 2016 Tips for Professional Services Firms: Focus on Content & Digital
One of the greatest challenges is often a matter of identifying highly targeted marketing communications tools and avoiding the costly error of disseminating your message to too broad of an audience.March 11, 2016 Read More
- Is the PURL a Marketing Gem Worth Exploring?
It’s been said that the most pleasing thing that a human can hear is the sound of their own name. Incorporating a PURL into your direct mail campaign may very well increase your response rate and impress your customers. July 10, 2015 Read More
- Strategic Product Placement: A Weapon in the Fight for the Consumer Dollar
Truly effective product placement should take into account both the product and the venue and weave these two elements together in a strategic manner.February 12, 2015 Read More
- Turning a Swing and a Miss into an Unexpected Social Media Hit
Finding itself in the middle of a social media storm, Chevy recently chose to wade in and guide the conversation back to where they wanted it to be.November 14, 2014 Read More
- The Scariest Case of Tourism Marketing. Ever.
What do you do if you want to promote an abandoned prison that is not a national landmark? You have to get creative.October 07, 2014 Read More
- Will Walmart's Savings Catcher Program Catch Your Attention?
I'm not a frequent Walmart shopper, but a TV spot on their Savings Catcher loyalty program intrigued me enough to investigate further.September 09, 2014 Read More
- Would You Match Your Wall Color To Your Nail Color?
When two brands combine to make a product is it always for the best or sometimes odd?July 17, 2014 Read More
- Six Degrees of Holiday Shopping
Well targeted humor promotes a socially conscious Holiday shopping alternative.December 20, 2013 Read More
- Modern Digital Marketing: Harmless Promotion or Home Invasion?
Technology brands are always competing to offer the latest and greatest. But will marketers begin to feel push back as the average American realizes how much access he or she is granting?October 02, 2013 Read More
- A Real Power Play: The Art Institute of Chicago Scores with Stanley Cup Connection
One of the best promotions I've seen recently is the Art Institute of Chicago's tie-in to the Stanley Cup Finals. The iconic lions at the museum's entrance are now sporting huge Blackhawks helmets.June 20, 2013 Read More
- What Walter Cronkite's Predictions Can Teach Us
In a 1967 episode of CBS' "the 21st Century," Walter Cronkite shows us what the home of the future might look like. What can we learn today?March 25, 2013 Read More
- 3 Tips to Prepare for 2013 (Just in Case the Mayans are Wrong)
Most marketers or managers probably have an end-of-year process in place, but here are some tips on three of the most helpful questions to ask yourself.November 23, 2012 Read More
- Does Your Client Service Stand Out in the Crowd?
When a customer service experience jumps out at you as uniquely superior, it really drives home how much of a difference excellent customer service can make.September 05, 2012 Read More
- Customer Face Time: Are You Ready?
One-on-one interviews are uniquely suited to capturing additional insights, provided you're willing to truly listen to what the customer has to say, both the words and the nuances.June 12, 2012 Read More
- Timeless Tips for a Successful Trade Show
Over many years of working trade shows as a brand manager and assisting clients with their show plans, I have identified a few key factors that are crucial to maximizing your return on this investment.April 26, 2012 Read More
- How to Succeed in Business Presentations: Accounting for Individual Communication Styles
Even the best ideas with thoughtful strategy and awesome creative executions can go down in flames if not presented properly.March 19, 2012 Read More
- Are Consumers Really Brandwashed?
Lori discusses a recent book about the tricks companies use to manipulate our minds and persuade us to buy.February 06, 2012 Read More
- Holiday Lessons for the Workplace
Lori discusses the parallels between her plans to improve next year's holiday season and her approach to providing excellent client service in 2012.January 09, 2012 Read More
- Back To The Future: Reminders from the Next Generation of Marketers
Keeping a connection with students is a great way to keep your finger on one of the pulse points of the future of marketing and advertising - our future colleagues.November 18, 2011 Read More
- Vampires vs. Zombies: The Importance of Targeted Marketing
In the spirit of Halloween, Lori explains how a battle between two factions of the undead provides valuable insights into marketing with a limited budget.October 17, 2011 Read More
- Camaro Advertising: Clever...And Tempting
I'm impressed with Chevy's dual approach and ability to make their messaging ring true to both ends of the buyer spectrum - young Transformers fans and mature muscle car enthusiasts.September 12, 2011 Read More
- Insurance Wars: Is There a Winner in Sight?
If the 80s was the time of the cola wars, I'm thinking we must now be in the midst of the insurance wars. Recently, we've been inundated with insurance TV ads. Can there be a winner?July 29, 2011 Read More