Points of View
There's no such thing as a free lunch, but our ideas are on the house.
The following 13 articles were tagged as "Super Bowl".
- Super Bowl Brand Message: Google’s “Loretta Ad”
Google has stayed true to its message history of creating emotional moments and stories that resonate with its audience.February 24, 2020 Read More
- Super Bowl Commercials: Another Perspective
I asked my branding class at Notre Dame which of the Super Bowl commercials they liked best and which did they think were particularly effective in conveying strong brand messages. While admittedly this exercise involved a ridiculously small sample size, I found the answers of the students to be interesting, insightful and somewhat divergent from expectations. February 12, 2020 Read More
- Super Bowl Commercials: This Year the Fans Got It Right (Almost)
Villing & Company president Thom Villing breaks down the best and the worst from the ads that aired during Super Bowl LII.February 06, 2018 Read More
- Branding’s Big Game: Are Super Bowl Ads Bigger than the Game Itself?
Brands are throwing more resources at Super Bowl advertising than ever before. But are they using the right strategy?February 08, 2017 Read More
- Not Ready for a Close-Up: How to Avoid Your Own Red Lobster-Beyonce Debacle
You should at least have a hierarchy of communication in the event that your brand is mentioned online by an influencer.February 23, 2016 Read More
- Why the Indianapolis Colts Paid Me to Attend the Super Bowl
My name is Aaron Charles, and recently I won a contest from the Indianapolis Colts that sent me to Arizona on an all-expenses-paid trip to the Super Bowl with my brand new fiancée.February 17, 2015 Read More
- Looking Back on the First Mac Attack
An effective marketing campaign will only hasten the demise of a weak product by creating negative trial experiences.February 04, 2014 Read More
- A Giant Boost for All
The city of Indianapolis proved to be just as big a winner as the New York Giants in Super Bowl XLVI. But who else benefitted from Super Week in Indy?February 08, 2012 Read More
- Ads: The New Super Bowl Pregame Show
The Super Bowl is on the horizon. If you're a fan of one of the 30 teams not playing in the big game, you're probably as interested in the famous Super Bowl ads as you are in the game.February 01, 2012 Read More
- Super Bowl XLV Commercials: Is it me or is it smart in here?
I believe that empty creativity, not strategy, has driven most Super Bowl advertising in recent years. As a result, we've had to suffer through an inordinate amount of dumb and dumber attempts at humor.February 11, 2011 Read More
- Super Predictions for 2011 Super Bowl Ads
We couldn't predict who would be playing in the big game, but we have a pretty good idea how advertisers will use their time during it.January 28, 2011 Read More
- Tackling the Question of the Best 2010 Super Bowl Ads
On Super Bowl Sunday, it's tough being in marketing and a sports nut at the same time. If I leave the room during commercial breaks, I might miss one of the year's iconic TV spots.February 09, 2010 Read More
- If I Had a Million Dollars: Is Super Bowl Advertising a Good Investment?
So, who won the Super Bowl? Not the game. The game within the game. The advertising. It depends on whom you ask.February 06, 2009 Read More