Points of View
There's no such thing as a free lunch, but our ideas are on the house.
The following 21 articles were tagged as "internship".
- Lessons from a Commercial Shoot
Although my internship at Villing & Company is still in its early stages, I’ve already been given great learning opportunities - like participating in the filming and production of a TV commercial.Read More
- Social Media Marketing: The Good and the Bad
Brand success on social media can happen anywhere at any time to anyone. It just takes the right strategy.Read More
- Dunder Mifflin: Analyzing a "Fake" Brand
Villing intern, Collin Smith, takes a look at Dunder Mifflin - the fictional paper company portrayed on The Office. For a fake brand, it has made a lot of actual waves.Read More
- Saving the Saviors: How PR Agencies Are Solving Their Own PR Crisis
Public relations agencies spend a great deal of time helping other companies promote themselves successfully. So what happens when the promoters need the promoting?Read More
- Donuts and Crisis Communication
Restoring image can be a challenge for crisis communication managers, especially when your client is Ariana Grande. Villing intern Alexa Tupper offers an outsider's perspective on how the situation could’ve been handled differently.Read More
- Social Media as an Advocacy Tool
Social media is not just for Throwback Thursday’s and Selfie Sunday’s, but could and should be used as a way for everyone to advocate for a cause that they believe in. Read More
- Behind the Scenes: Filming a TV Commercial
Villing Intern Alexa Tupper gives unique perspective on a recent video shoot and explains why investing the appropriate time and effort in a project is so important. Read More
- How to Be Available to Your Audience
Communication opportunities are greater than ever before. This variety has us all wondering: how do we decide which medium is the most effective?Read More
- My Personal PR Path
Our summer intern, Danielle Faczan, writes about how her PR learning experiences at Villing & Company.Read More
- Should I Be Here? - The Art of Interning
Trying to find a vocational interest is no simple task. But our winter intern boasts a secret weapon in his pursuit of a career.Read More
- Emotional Marketing - Power Beyond Anything Else
The human emotion is powerful and it drives many of our intentions and our desires. It can also define who we are as a person.Read More
- Life Lessons Outside the Classroom
Our fall intern discusses how she took the skills and techniques she's been learning the past three-and-a-half years and applied them to real business situations.Read More
- Meet Villing & Company: An ode using 50 Beatles' song titles
As a bit of a change of pace, one of our most recent interns wrote this creative piece describing her internship experience.Read More
- Time Flies!
One of our winter interns reflects on her time working at the agency and what she has learned through the experience.Read More
- A Letter to my Fellow Undergrads
One of our marketing interns writes an open letter to other undergraduate students, explaining the value of internships and how to best prepare to enter the workforce.Read More
- The Best New Features of HTML5
You may have heard a lot recently about HTML5. Here's a summary of the best new features HTML5 has to offer.Read More
- What Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up?
Our most recent public relations intern explains how her time at Villing & Company gave her more insight into that commonly asked question.Read More
- The Intern Experience: Grunt Work or Real Work?
Sure, most interns claim they've had a good experience. But have they really been thrown into the mix of the agency during their experience?Read More
- The Experience of Gaining Experience: Observations from an Agency Intern
"You just need more experience." After hearing that, I took it upon myself to get just what it is they thought I was lacking.Read More
- Look, Mom, I'm Going to be in a Commercial?!?
I haven’t even been at Villing & Company a month and some exciting things have already happened. My name is Sammy and I am an intern here at Villing & Company.Read More
- Learning What It's Really All About: A marketing intern's perspective
My experience as a marketing intern and the marketing concepts that you just don't learn in school.Read More